Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I may have recommended. I will never link to a product I do not highly recommend and have used! Please check out my disclosure policy for more details.
Parents are spending, on average, $422 per child on Christmas gifts! Add in gifts for your spouse and other family members and you need over $1,000 for the holiday season! Not this year! This year, plan ahead! Get a jump start and begin earning and saving now! Here are 12 side hustles to earn extra money. Survive the holidays without debt!
I’ll admit it, sometimes I go overboard on Christmas gifts for my children and husband. There have been years I’ve spent way too much on Christmas decorations, cookie preparation, and gifts.
Start side hustles now and be thankful you did later!
A few years ago, our family changed the way we do Christmas. No more overspending on gifts! We made a budget and stuck to it. Each year since I’ve found more ways to get through the holidays without debt.
Don’t put the burden of spending money around the holidays on yourself this year. Get ahead of the expenses and implement some or all of these tips!
Here are some side hustles to earn extra money:
1. If you haven’t already, sign up for Ebates now!
Ebates is easy to use and it doesn’t take much effort from you. Who doesn’t like getting rebates for shopping they’re already doing?
For those who haven’t heard of Ebates, all you do is either go to their website, use their internet extension to notify you if you are on a website they offer a rebate with, or use their app, and click the store you’re shopping at. Check out like normal and you’ll receive cashback in your account shortly after the order is processed.
Sign up through my link and you’ll receive a bonus $10 in your account after you make your first $25 purchase!
2. Sign up for Swagbucks. Answer some questions, search through their internet browser, play some games, and do some shopping.
You’ll earn points through their website that you can cash in for gift cards to your favorite stores!
Sign up through my link and you’ll receive up to a $5 bonus!
3. Buy items at garage sales and resell them on Ebay or Etsy.
4. Do some surveys online to earn extra money or points towards gift cards.
Here are some of my favorite websites to earn a little extra money:
- Survey Junkie*
- Swagbucks(you can do so much on Swagbucks to earn points)
- Panel Place
- Global Test Market
- Harris Poll Online*
- Earning Station*
- Inbox Dollars*
- VIP Voice*
Sign up for some or all and do the surveys when you have time. Over the year, you’ll be earning extra money that you can cash in when you need it.
5. Download apps that will give you rebates based on the groceries and personal items you purchase.
Here are some great apps to get you started:
- Ibotta (download now using code jkc2g and you’ll get a $10 welcome bonus!)
- Checkout 51
- Walmart’s Savings Catcher (I have over $60 in my account right now just from scanning my receipts with them)
Download all on your phone today! They are all very easy to use! Scan your receipt and the product (for Ibotta and Checkout 51 and they’ll put the money into your account) It’s amazing how quickly the savings will add up!
Cash out at the end of the year and you’ll easily have extra money to buy the gifts you really want for your family!
6. Watch neighbor kids a few days a week.
7. Sign up to drive for Uber to make some extra money.
8. Complete tasks on Amazon Mturk.
9. Check out some apps to earn extra money (not much, but it adds up!)
- 1Q– Every once and awhile, you get a notification of a question that needs to be answered. You simply answer the question and they send you $0.25 to your PayPal account.
- Mobee– You’re a secret shopper with this app and you can accept missions to complete to earn points towards gift cards
10. Do some Virtual assistant jobs.
You can find tasks to do at these websites:
11. Join focus groups
Some places to find focus groups include:
12. Test websites from home.
Great websites to start are:
Vow this year to go debt free for Christmas. Sign up for some side hustles and start earning extra cash and gift cards to put away for the end of the year!
Of course, all of these side hustles can be used to earn extra money towards anything you are saving for. Go on that vacation you dreamed of, pay off that credit card debt, or buy that special gift you’ve always wanted.
Start today and you won’t be sorry!